Saturday, July 5, 2008

Zachary at age 5

This first image is dedicated to everyone who has ever had to photograph a less than cooperative model! My nephew is adorable and such a character! I have a few really beautiful portraits of him, but getting him to pose is like pulling teeth! I usually have a chance to shoot one or two frames before he decides he is all done. And once he decides he's done....he's really done. Bribery doesn't work on him, begging doesn't work, nothing can persuade him. Recently, I was doing a shoot with his big brother (who, incidentally, is a supermodel in the making; I could shoot him all day long!) when little Zach jumped on the set and said, "Auntie, take my picture now." He had even gotten dressed up in a nice white dress shirt without being asked! I couldn't believe my luck! Zach actually wanted to have his picture made! Well, it turns out, he did want to have his picture made, but he wanted it made on his terms...not mine. What follows is Zach's official 5th birthday portrait...

No comments: